Friday, July 17, 2009

recent works and a few oldies



New jewelry pieces! Made of porcelain. These will need to be fired 2 times before they are finished. I did a few sketches for new jewelry pieces, got to studio and attempted to realize my sketches, that didn't go so well. So I began playing with different clay tools found in studio and after a few hours these pieces were born! I enjoy exploring new ways of making beautiful pieces, this was an adventure! I plan on making many more pieces like these and will be posting the finished pieces shortly. Enjoy!

closer up...


white clay. "bowl". study on textures and connections. This piece will be fired 3 times before it's finished.

Only a few of these remain. So many were given away as gifts, some were sold. This is where it all began in 2004; black, white and red. I you would like to see images of these pieces closer up, I can email you the images. Since these pieces have been very popular, I am making many more at the moment.


This piece was done in 2005-2006. In a way this marks a departure from using only solid colors. Water and sponge get added to the mix of tools and a new color!

Next week I have many pieces to glaze, and I will be taking pictures of my mom's studio where I work. It's quite a place!


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Solitude' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP